They say that the greatest wealth you can have is your health. It’s really important to have a healthy body and a healthy mind. You need to take care of yourself because if you don’t then who will?
But what IS health? Different people will have different ideas about what being healthy is and that’s OK.
Here at CREATE we think that health is making sure you have a healthy body and mind and not just being disease free. Well-being is an active process of being aware of your health needs and making choices for successful living. This includes:
- eating a balanced diet with lots of healthy food (check out our Food and Nutrition section for some tips)
- having a positive body image
- getting plenty of exercise
- getting enough sleep each night
- keeping positive and thinking positive thoughts – trying not to stress out!
- Asking for help or support if you are feeling down or stressed
- not smoking, not taking any drugs and not getting drunk to cope with life – there are other ways to manage (check out the other page in the health section on drugs and alcohol for more information)
The ‘Our Health, Our Way’ videos are to provide Aboriginal young people with information to help them navigate the health system. Check them out by clicking on the video below: