When reading through any job advertisement to choose a job that best suits you, ask yourself the following questions:
1. Does the job interest me?
2. Could I do the job?
3. What relevant skills do I have that match the job description? It is not essential that you have every skill listed in the ad but ensure you can cover at least most of the skills.
4. What are my strengths, why would they consider my application?
When you are applying for a job you will usually need a resume, your resume should include:
• Your contact details (mobile and email address)
• Education history
• Employment history
• Contact details for references
When writing your resume, the most important thing to remember is to make sure that the information you are putting in is relevant to the job you are applying for, and that it is in a simple and easy to read format. For some jobs you may also be required to address the selection criteria. For example, if you were applying for a waitress position you will need to demonstrate how you meet the required skills, such as serving customers and food handling.
Here are some links to check out that may help;
Job Services Australia – young people:
Centrelink can help you with your job choices and with referrals to job service providers.