Your first day at work can be as daunting as your first interview. You may experience mixed emotions of nervousness and excitement which is completely natural.
How to prepare:
1. Get a good night’s rest so that you are refreshed and on the ball for your first day.
2. Dress appropriately for the type of job you are starting.
3. Arrive at least 10 minutes before you are due to start – this shows that you are keen.
3. If you have not already done so, return your signed Employment Contract and any other documents to your supervisor.
4. Take a notepad and pen with you, so that you write down any instructions, computer log-ins etc.
5. Generally, your first day will be some type of orientation day to get you familiar with where you’ll be working and the people you will be working with. Don’t be afraid to ask as many questions as you need to.
6. Be relaxed, friendly and enthusiastic. Show that you are happy to be there and are keen to get into the job.
like create on facebook