What is Next Step After Care exactly?
- Next Step After Care is a brand new service in Queensland for young people who have left care.
- Watch this short little YouTube clip for a quick snapshot of how they can help you!
Have you left care and are you under 21?
Do you need some advice or support with things like:
- – Managing money or finding out about funding?
- – Finding somewhere to stay?
- – Resumes, jobs and training?
- – Health and relationships?
- – Legal stuff?
- – Anything else that comes up day to day (no matter how big or small!)?
Then get in touch with Next Step! You can call or text them ANYTIME, for ANYTHING (yep, they’re there for you 24/7!) on 1800NEXTSTEP (639 878).
How does Next Step help you ask?
They might be able to help straight up with advice or information over the phone or by text or email. If not, they can work with you to link you in with the right type of support. They might even be able to provide funds to purchase things that could make a difference in your life!
CREATE will also be jumping on board by checking in with people every now and then by phone, just to see how things are going. Just let Next Step (or CREATE) know if you want this when you talk to them!
If you know someone who you think could do with some extra support you can call Next Step to talk about how to help them too!
The extra awesome thing is that Next Step After Care services are voluntary which means that’ll only link in with you if you want them to!
There’s a Next Step service in Beenleigh, Brisbane, Ipswich, Toowoomba, the Sunshine Coast, Kingaroy, Mackay, Rockhampton, Townsville and Cairns, all you need to do is jump on over to the site and find the number for the area near you!
You can find out more about Next Step at www.nextstepaftercare.com.au or call or text them ANYTIME on 1800NEXTSTEP (639 878). Don’t want to call or text? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and they’ll get back to you within one day.